About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
"I'm in love with God. God's in love with me. This is who I Am, this is who I'll be; that settles it."

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's coming...Are we ready?

So, being back here at home has been...in the least...interesting.

Definitely learning just as much here as I did while I was in Kansas City...

The first few weeks I felt drained. Part of it, I know now, is because I was spending so much time with friends, and just sowing into them. After about a month, I needed a recharge. I got it one Sunday morning in my church's worship service, when they sang my all time favorite worship song, "How He Loves." While we were singing it, I literally felt myself being charged. Like I had been a dead battery that had just been plugged into a wall. The song, at that time, seemed to go on forever. I remember about halfway into the song, I  looked around the church with tear filled eyes, and realized this: majority of us don't realize what we're singing when we're singing "How He Loves"...almost like we're just singing along like its a Disney sing-a-long. It broke my heart, and made me realize that the church isn't as strong as she thinks she is...when we don't realize that we're singing about the very thing that gives us the ability to even read the words on the screen, or hear them through speakers, or sing the words with our own voice.

About a week ago in my youth group, we were doing worship from a CD. One of the songs was "This Is Why I Am Alive" by Rick Pino...
"Nothing's better than Your presence. Oh, let me drink deep
May my love be poured upon Your head, Your hands, Your feet."

And while we were singing I felt like the Lord was telling me to imagine Him singing that to us. I broke and cried. I felt that He was also saying,

"Don't turn to others for help. I'm your Daddy and it breaks My heart when you look to your friends for answers only I can answer. And as your Daddy, Nothing is better for me than to be with you. I'm on my knees in front of you asking you to spend time with me. You can come to me for help, Why would I offer anything less than what I can offer? Let Me drown you in My Love; its so worth it."

I want to see a fire, a passion, be struck back up again in my youth group. I was talking with a friend just the other night about how once upon a time, we were on fire. And there was nothing that could stop us. But along the way, we've "grown up" and lost that fire...I'm determined to have that fire back. I felt it last week when I was sharing that message with the group.

It's coming...Are we ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment