About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
"I'm in love with God. God's in love with me. This is who I Am, this is who I'll be; that settles it."

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My New Life

This past summer/fall, I finished out a 6 month internship, called One Thing, at the International House of Prayer, in Kansas City, Missouri. The Lord met me in absolutely everything. And I mean everything. 

To give a quick run down, I went to the internship hungry for something. At the beginning, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But I went wanting. That was the key. Every time I turned around, the Lord was showing me new things, giving me real life examples of how to do things, and teaching me to lean on Him. There were some rough patches, where I was frustrated with Him, and just wanted Him to 'do' something big, instead of just showing me examples and what not. But I can see now, that those things needed to be shown to me, or else I'd be here now without certain knowledge of things for my life. 
He spoke into me, either by His voice directly to my heart, or through others, who I was [who He says and thinks, and made me to be]. He kept gently guiding me, whether I knew it or not, in the right direction.

There are still times where I just feel so raw and open to Him that I can't do anything but sit and talk to Him. "How He Loves" is the one song that brings me to tears every time. "Amazing Grace" is the song to my life, as I look back on how my Father has shielded me my whole life, even when I wasn't living out my claim to be a "christian," almost my whole life. 

I've fallen in love with a Man, Jesus Christ...and nothing can stop me now!
This song, by Misty Edwards, is my life anthem. This is one of the cries of my heart...
I will waste my life. I'll be tested and tried.
With no regrets inside of me, just to find I'm at your feet,
Let me find I'm at your feet.

I'll leave my father's house, and
I'll leave my Mother.
I leave all I have known, and I'll have no other.

For I am in love with you,
and there is no cost.
I am in love with you, and there is no loss.
I am in love with you, I want to take your name.
I am in love with you, I want to cling to you, Jesus,
Just let me cling to you, Jesus.

I say goodbye to my father, my mother,

I turn my back on every other lover, and I press on, yes I press on.
I say goodbye to my father, my mother,
I turn my back on every other lover, and I press on, yes I press on.

For I am in love with you,
and there is no cost.
I am in love with you, and there is no loss.
I am in love with you, I want to take your name.
I am in love with you, I want to cling to you, Jesus,
just let me cling to you, Jesus, I want to cling to you...

1 comment:

  1. I love that song! BTW I added you to my blogroll :)

    http://lifeisfunner.blogspot.com/p/christian-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete