About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
"I'm in love with God. God's in love with me. This is who I Am, this is who I'll be; that settles it."

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Trusting...Part II

It's been really interesting being back home.

It's been kinda tough being back here, and not really having anyone but my non-Christian friends to hang out with. Trying to keep my commitments that I made to the Lord back in December and not spending quality time with fellow believers. 
I felt for the past week or so, that I just need a mentor, or just someone close to my age, but more spiritually mature, to talk to and look up to. The beginning of this last week, I was really feeling the weight of not really having this person to go to.

This morning, I got an email from the Children's pastor at my church, and she was just talking. And then, she asked me this: 
I just wanted to tell you if you ever want to talk to someone about the shock/transition of leaving Bible school and coming back to "normal life" then feel free to give me a call and we could meet at Starbucks or something. :) 
Wow. 
Talk about the Lord answering prayer!

This sort of thing takes me back to a classic Disney film...Aladdin.

He and Jasmine are standing on her balcony, about to go on an exhilarating ride, and just as Jasmine is hesitating to reply to Aladdin, he asks this:


DO YOU TRUST ME?



1 comment: