About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
"I'm in love with God. God's in love with me. This is who I Am, this is who I'll be; that settles it."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Jealous Jealousy.



John 17:26
And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, 
that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.

Think about this.
Jesus, the Man who has known the Father's love since eternity began [that alone is unfathomable], even before our time began, asked His Father to place His love in a people [us] that hadn't even been created yet. It was the number one desire of His heart.


Here are some questions for you:
1. How much, truly, does the Father love the Son?
The Father's love is never ending. 
2. How boundless, how unchanging is this love?
It's eternal.
3. What would my life look like if I loved Jesus the way the Father loves Him
I would NEVER be the same.
4. How drastically would my priorities change if I did? 
My heart would only want to do what Jesus wanted.
I wouldn't do anything for 'self'...


This brings me to think of the infamous song, "How He Loves". 
This song is the song of my heart.  I am jealous for my Jesus. I can't do anything but close my eyes and weep when hearing the words of that song. But what breaks my heart is that we sing the words all the time in worship services, yet half the time we don't know the words we're actually singing.

"...the love with which You loved Me may be in them..."

HOW CAN WE SIT AROUND AND BLASPHEME 
THE NAME OF THE ONE WHO CHOSE TO LOVE US. 
WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS, 
HE TOOK ON ANYTHING THAT EVER HURT US:
OUR PAIN.
OUR GRIEF.
OUR BROKEN HEARTS.
OUR FEAR.
OUR REGRETS.
OUR HURTS.

HE DIDN'T HAVE TO. BUT HE WANTED TO.

BECAUSE
HE LOVES US.
 
The revelation of His love will change your life. You can't go on living the way you did when you fall in love with the Man...the Man who traded His riches and glory for your garbage.

My heart...as I'm writing this...is overwhelmed.
This has taken me some time to get through this.
I pray you feel His glorious arms wrapping around you as you read this.

The love with which God, The Father loves Jesus with, Jesus asked for that same love to be directed upon us...sinners...how selfless

Can you imagine how overwhelming never-ending love would feel like?
"He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy. When all of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory. And I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me; And my heart turns violently inside of my chest. I don’t have time to maintain these regrets When I think about, the way He loves."

No comments:

Post a Comment