About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
"I'm in love with God. God's in love with me. This is who I Am, this is who I'll be; that settles it."

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heart Cry

It's been 6 months since my internship in Kansas City ended.

It's been a hard 6 months...if I'm to be 100% honest...


Last night at youth group, a woman whom I look up to taught on the 'one thing' and it was basically a summation of my 6 months in about an hour and a half; it got me thinking.

What have I to show for these last 6 months? Have I gone further with my relationship with God, or has it been where I was in KC? How's my heart *really* doing?

I was reminded last night that everything I know deep in my core is nothing but the truth. And that no matter what I do, right or wrong; my Father in Heaven LOVES ME. My 2 second glance in His direction so overwhelms His heart. And my prayer is this: "Lord, help me change my glances into a gaze, so I never, ever want to look to anything or anyone else for the love and desire You give me."

This song is etched into the deepest, most unseen part of my heart. 
At Acquire The Fire this year...this song pierced my heart in a way no other song has. This is such a desperate song...when you sing it to Him with every fiber of your being...and you can feel it. You know you're singing it straight to His heart...it breaks you in a way that words can't even try describing.

"Sit enthroned upon my heart with everything you are. Come live your life in me, reign supremely.
I'm not just giving you my sin, but everything within. Come take control and make me holy.

You are my king, Enthroned to be my everything; my Everything..."

No comments:

Post a Comment