About Me

My photo
Colorado, United States
"I'm in love with God. God's in love with me. This is who I Am, this is who I'll be; that settles it."

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Trusting...Part III

The verse of topic: Matthew 6:25-34

"...Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow:
they neither toil nor spin;

and yet I say to you that even Solomon
in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these..."

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27
Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin;
29
and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30
Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31
“Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32
For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."


The past week, this has been on my heart. I taught a class Sunday, the 22nd, on part of this very portion, and has been on my radar ever since.

It seems that night-time is the time I get to sit down and clear my head. Lots of thinking, and the organizing of thoughts happens when the my world is asleep. There were quite a few thoughts I had the past hour. I turned off the computer to go up to my bed and sleep. But, I couldn't resist sitting at my window, in the darkness of the night, and just talking to the Lord about my current life situation [[car, jobs, school/fafsa, etc.]]. It was actually very eye opening for me.

There was once a time in my life where I never thought I'd live to see the day of my 18th birthday. I was depressed, and saw no point in living. It wasn't that I saw my life as a 'living hell,' as some might have put it...it was just that my life was mundane [[and maybe a little crazy...but that's story for another time]]. There were times that I can remember, clear as day, where I thought out ways to try to die [for I couldn't see past my problems at 14, 15 years of age...ha!]. There were days where I couldn't wait to go to bed so I could sleep as to not be aware of the reality of my life. There were nights where I couldn't wait to go to school in the morning just to get away from home. I remember "lonely" nights, where all I wanted was to be with someone...anyone.

As I kept getting older, there was always something, or someone that helped keep me going...there always seemed to be something on my horizons that kept me running. I was 16 when I had my first Jesus-experience [July 14, 2007]. And, boy; was it wild. Jesus met me one night in a small church in Colorado Springs...and changed my life forever. He changed my attitude, and my outlook on life. I finally was able to wear a true smile :]]

To reflect on my car accident, there could have been such a worse outcome. I don't even necessarily want to think about it, but its true. I won't talk about the "what if's" because they didn't happen. But to tie the accident into what my life was like before July 14, 2007 happened; there have been so many times in my life where I can look back and see where God's hand had protected my life. Literally, my walking, breathing life. I can't count how many times I'd thought about suicide [not too seriously, but there were definitely plans involved]. And with the accident...who knows what "could have happened" if things had/hadn't been done before it happened. But I can definitely say that the way the accident happened was without a doubt God's protective hand.

I was trying to change lanes to be able to turn around in a median on an interstate. If I had turned to the left any later, there's a large possibility I could have been hit straight on, or spun out into the post of an overpass. The results could have been rather fatal. I see it now that it was God's hand [[at least a little]] that the car swiped the side of my car and thus changing the outcome of what could have been. And I'm not saying that the accident was God's plan at all. What I'm saying is that [[somehow...]] God's hand was protecting me from fatality that day [as so many countless days before]. I'm sure it'll make sense someday, so I'm not going to worry about it no.

Now for my main point. This is a *MAJOR* lesson; both physically and spiritually.

As I was in my room, thinking and praying, the above verse came to mind. This whole car accident thing has really been teaching me one main thing. Trust, trust, trust! I've mostly just been trying to be strong so that I don't seem like a drama queen to everyone around me. But really, when I really take the time to think about all that's happened...when I really take into consideration of what my life really is...staying strong on the outside somehow seems to work its way inside. Also: that all good things come from the Lord, and that by me 'worrying about tomorrow' is a humanistic way of 'playing god.' For me to trust fully in the fact that all things are for His glory in the end, and to trust in the fact that He clothes the fields with more radiance and beauty than King Solomon; I needn't worry about what will happen next with my car [[at least, at this point in time]]:

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 

I don't need to worry!!! Trusting that He has everything under control, everything in His hands is giving the glory!

I so do wish that written words could express the revelation I got about this verse tonight...but I suppose you'll have to pray about that one yourself :]]

No comments:

Post a Comment